Thursday, March 11, 2010

SCS Sketch Challenge - Just Because

I made this card last night for the Sketch Challenge on SplitCoastStampers.  I realized this morning that I didn't follow the sketch exactly - the sentiment should have been between the layers.  Oh well!  

Super simple.  I stopped in to Michael's yesterday while I was out and picked up this stamp by Studio 18 in the dollar bin.  (It's a wooden one.)  Actually, now that I'm remembering, I think it was only fifty cents!  I colored it with Stampin' Up! markers - Garden Green, Ruby Red and Only Orange.  I "variegated" the sentiment.  The patterned papers are from Die Cuts With a View - Fun in the Sun Summer Matstack and are matted with SU!'s Garden Green.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! You picked up that stamp at Michaels for 50 cents! Wonderful stamp and a wonderful card. Love all of the colors.

Mary

Michele Boyer said...

These papers are so pretty together, Lynette. And when I visit your blog, you always make me want to use white...but then I realize MY white never looks as good as YOUR white. lol.

Leslie Miller said...

No way! 50 cents? It's so pretty! Hey, sketches are open to interpretation so I think it's just fine. I love the simplicity of it and how nicely it can show off a pretty stamp.