Monday, February 22, 2010

Sixteenth Birthday

I made this card for a "customer."  She wanted it for "Krystal, who was turning 16 and likes basketball." :)

I cut the circle out with a Nestability, and used other Circle Nestabilities to draw the lines.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set.  Have I mentioned how much I like that set? LOL!  Then I embossed it with a "Bubbles" Cuttlebug folder.  Her school colors are blue and white.  I scored the blue cardstock with my Martha Stewart scoring board at eighth-inch intervals.  Her name was printed on the computer, and the numbers were stamped with an alphabet set from Susan Branch.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Mary said...

This card is fantastic! Great idea on how to make a basketball. I love every thing about this card Lynette.

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great idea!!! I've used that circle for a baseball, but sure never thought to run it through the CB and make a basketball! VERY CUTE!

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable..What a terrific basketball..It looks real.. Great birthday card..She will love it.

Danni said...

Oh my!! What a clever idea and a great card! AWesome!

Leigh said...

Wow, fabulous basketball, great idea Lynette.