Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rich Razzleberry Birthday

I rarely make a card with a cardbase of anything other than white, ivory or kraft, but today's card is an exception.

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I misted it with a mixture of Perfect Pearls (in the pearl color) and water.  Of course, you can't see that at all in the picture.  Trust me - it's very shimmery in real life!  I embossed it with a Spellbinders Butterfly Impressability.  I sponged Rich Razzleberry ink (from Stampin' Up!) on the edges and matted it on a cardbase of Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment frame is cut with a Sizzix die.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set.  I got that set for Christmas, and I sure have used it a lot!  I LOVE all the different "Happy Birthday" fonts.  I added some gold brads to the hearts (the die cut includes the holes) and mounted the frame on Pop Dots.  Before I added the frame, though, I added a thin strip of cardstock.

EDITED TO ADD:   I've had a couple questions about how I emboss.  I don't have any "secrets," but this is what I do.  I have a BIGkick that I do my embossing on.  I use a piece of rubber from Home Depot called "plumber's gasket" for my embossing.  I also have the rubber mat from Sizzix, but I find the plumber's gasket embosses a bit deeper.  I sometimes mist my paper before using texture plates, to get deeper embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

Marsh730 said...

Very nice card! I like the simplicity of the design. You have enabled me to purchase the Spellbinders Butterfly Impressability template. TFS

Mary said...

This is a lovely, simple and clean card. I love the embossing folder that you used. Very pretty Lynette.

Mary

Barbara said...

Lynette, this is so pretty! Please reveal your secret for getting such a sharp emboss from the Impressability! I use a Cuttlebug and have tried several sandwich combos and just can't get it that rich. I love the look!

Barb

Leigh said...

Yep, I like this card Lynette.

Annie said...

This is a pretty card!! I too would like to know how you get some a nice deep embossing......is this the spray technique, where you let the cardstock dry on the template.....?
Love the colors too.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the card! I just got a couple of Impressabilities myself and didn't recognize this as one of their designs. Very pretty!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful embossing with the impressability - love that Razzleberry color too!

Dawn B. said...

Every time I mist mine my cardstock warps...This must be gorgeous IRL..I love the rich color you used for the card base..Great job on this one..

Joan B said...

Stunning work here. It is giving me ideas!!