Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coppery Birthday


Finally - a chance to stamp! First the Christmas celebration with my mom and dad and a few of their grandchildren, then the quiet Christmas with just Jim and me, then my birthday, then four days of our daughter, son-in-law and grandson being here, then out of town overnight. All great times, but it's great to be back to "normal!" The Christmas things are not quite put away, but good enough. I took some time last night to stamp, but my "mojo" hasn't quite returned.

A few weeks ago I went to a store called Tuesday Morning. They have some good prices on things. I got a three-pack of embossing powders for $4.99. Of course, I have to check everything out when I get it! At the time, I still had Stampin' Up!'s Thoughts and Prayers stamp set on my table, so I stamped the tree with Versamark and embossed it with the sparkly copper embossing powder. Wasn't sure what to do with it. Cut around it. Put it in my "card parts" pile. When I couldn't figure out what to do last night, I reached for the tree. Several years ago when I bought something on eBay, the seller also sent me three copper cards and envelopes. That was so sweet of her, but I still hadn't used them. I thought of them when I had the copper tree in my hand, though. Perfect!! Hmmm ... what next? Needs some black. So went my thought process:) This card is what I ended up with. The tree is mounted on Pop Dots. I used a Nestability and a black glaze pen to draw the rectangle on my background piece - leaving space for the the tree to be "out of the box." The sentiment is from one of my new GinaK sets - called Elegant Post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon. Hopefully I'll have more to share with you than in the past couple weeks! (I do hope to have a few pictures of an "activity" from my birthday soon - after my husband finishes up something!)

8 comments:

klarcher said...

What a beautiful card, so elegant. I might just have to head over to Gina K.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a really cool card.The copper on the tree and the card were meant for each other.

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done - I love sparkly copper EP! I love this layout too.

Julie said...

Hello Lynette! I'm so sorry I haven't visited in so long, and I am also sorry that I am so late in wishing you a very happy birthday! (The whole month of December now just seems like a big blur...)
I hope you had a lovely celebration! This is a beautiful card -- that copper is very elegant. I hope you're doing well!

Danni said...

Very nice! Love the sparkly copper!

Denise said...

Simple, yet Beautiful!
Aloha & hugs,
Denise

Mary said...

What a beautiful card Lynette. I love the copper on the tree.

You certainly have been very busy for the past few weeks. That's always a good thoing though. I am looking forward to seeing some of your birthday photos.

Mary

Dawn B. said...

Wow this is beautiful..I LOVE Copper and have embossed copper EP on copper cardstock and it is stunning..So is this. I love this set..Great job..Glad you had a good Christmas.