Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Card Parts" Birthday

Another “card parts pile” card for today. I made this card a couple days ago. I made another card the same day, but I’m actually thinking about submitting it for publication. We’ll see what I decide! At any rate, you’ll be seeing that one later. I made two cards already this morning (it’s 6:00 a.m. as I’m writing this) and will be posting them in the next day or two.

The “card part” on this card is the green embossed image. I think it was done with a brass stencil and a BIGkick, but I’m not 100% positive. I did it while in Des Moines in June with my Yahoo! group. I added white dots with a gel pen. The matting is shimmery black and I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder and my Scor-Pal to embellish it. The background paper is from a free pad from Archiver’s from a couple years ago. The sentiment is from a Gina K set called Elegant Post. (The two cards I made this morning are also using that set.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to buckle down and get back to making cards soon. Thanks for the inspiration. This is a great card, very simple and elegant, but could be great for a guy card too.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So many times I look at your cards and say, "Oh My". You come up with such wonderful original ideas. This is very attractive!

Mary said...

It looks as though you spent a good deal of time making your card. It is lovely Lynette. Good luck with your submission. I hope it is accepted right away. Keep us posted.

Mary

Barbara said...

OMGosh! You definitely should submit this for publication! It is a stunner! You've taken simplicity to a whole new level of elegance.

Hugs,
Barb