Sunday, September 13, 2009

2RedBananas Sketch Challenge

Today's card is for this week's challenge on the 2RedBananas blog. The challenge for this week is a sketch and here is the link to the challenge.

I used another new set from 2RedBananas - to be released tomorrow! I colored the cute little fuzzy bear with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I cut him out with a Circle Nestability and sponged brown ink around the edges. He is popped up on Pop Dots. The background is a stamp from the same set, and I stamped it on PaperTrey Ink Kraft cardstock. I sponged ink around the edges of those panels, too. I used my Scor-Pal to emboss lines on the dark brown layer, and then added ribbon. The card base is Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon. When this posts, I'll be camping, and hopefully staying dry!

5 comments:

Danni said...

Cute card!

Jeanette - said...

I love the stamped background panels Lynette! Such a cute card!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I really like that you used the stamped words for the background. It is a perfect way to use the entire set.. Super job..

Mary said...

This card is awesome!I love what you did with the panels. Once again, you have created a wonderful card Lynette.

Mary

Wendy said...

Very cute card. I love how you used the sentiment as your "patterned" paper.