Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anniversary Roses

When my friend Harriet was here in June she brought a few stamps with her, so I stamped some images to have for later. This card uses some of them. (Thanks, Harriet!)

The stamps are from Gina K's Year of Flowers. I colored the roses and leaves with Stampin' Up! markers and carefully cut them out. I colored the roses a couple times each with Mauve Mist and Pale Plum. I tried doing a little shading, but I'm not sure you can see that in the picture. I colored the leaves with Sage Shadow and Mellow Moss. I mounted them on an ivory oval which was cut and embossed with an Oval Nestability. They are all adhered directly to the oval except for the bottom-most rose, which I mounted on Pop Dots. I matted the oval with a small rectangle of Pale Plum cardstock. The whole image panel is mounted on Pop Dots, also. The sentiment is from Stampendous, and the card base is Stampin' Up!'s Very Vanilla.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!

Harriet Skelly said...

Lynette you colored these beautifully! Great cutting too!