Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2RedBananas Challenge - Cardstock Only

I made this card for the 2RedBananas challenge. The “challenge” is to use only cardstock - no patterned paper - and only one embellishment. You can find the challenge here. Not too much of a challenge for me, though, as I rarely use patterned paper! I love patterned paper, love to see other people use it, and have LOTS of it. I just wish I knew how to use it!

I used Anna Griffin ink cubes for the colored squares – just “smooshed” them on the paper. The stamp is by Inkadinkado and I stamped it with Versafine Vintage Sepia. I added a little color to the flowers and leaf with the ink cubes, also, by just rubbing it carefully on the stamped image. It wasn’t meant to be perfect! :-) I mounted the image panel on Stampin’ Up!’s Rose Romance cardstock. The sentiment is from 2RedBananas and is also stamped in Vintage Sepia.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty!!

Vicki said...

I really LOVE this card.....but then don't I always love your cards! But I really like the different colored stamped squares with the image on top. Very nice!

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Mary

Michele Boyer said...

lol...I should challenge you to USE patterned paper and you should challenge me NOT to! lol. I love your color blocks with the image over them!

Abounding Treasures said...

I really LOVE this card ~ simply, beautiful and so original :o)