Saturday, July 25, 2009

SCS Ways To Use It Challenge - Charmed!

Today's card is for this week's SplitCoastStampers "Ways to Use It Challenge" - to use a charm. It's also for the 2RedBananas challenge for the week - to 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.' You can find the 2RB challenge here.

My charm came on another item and I've had it for over a year, waiting for an opportunity to use it. I've also had the Amuse orange ribbon for over a year.The embossed background was done with a Sizzix texture plate. (I always mist my paper before embossing for a deeper impression.) I punched the bottom border with an EK Success punch, and sponged the edges with Stampin' Up!'s Only Orange ink. The charm is tied on with the orange ribbon. I crocheted a flower to match (with embroidery floss that I've had for YEARS!!) and added a pearl to the center. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s retired set All Occasions and is stamped in Only Orange.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Love that background you used. I haven't seen that one before. You inspired me to crochet some flowers. I have a bunch made up -- now just need to use them.

Sheri said...

So simple yet so elegant. Love it!