Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SCS CAS Color Challenge

This card is for Clean and Simple challenge #18 - to use pinks/corals, kraft and one other color.

I used Papertrey Ink kraft, and Stampin’ Up!’s Cameo Coral and Old Olive. The flower and leaves are embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and cut out. I used Crystal Stickles on the flower center and mounted the completed flower on Pop Dots. The white is embossed with Swiss Dots and mounted on Cameo Coral. The sentiment is from Critter Party by Penny Black and is stamped with Old Olive. So many times I experiment with putting images at an angle, and I usually end up just putting them straight. This time I actually did it! :) (Thanks for the encouragement, Harriet!)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Suzie said...

So pretty, Lynette! And Harriet was right ... at an angle was definitely a good idea! :-)

Barbara said...

Very pretty, Lynette. That's a great die cut and I like the effect on Kraft paper. Gorgeous simplicity, as always!

Michele Boyer said...

Lynette, I know I've said it before, but I LOVE your crisp clean style! This is gorgeous!

maryps said...

My daughter-in-law loves this card. Her birthday is soon and I would like to purchase this embossing folder for her. Would you be so kind as to identify the Sizzix folder? Thank you so much. -mary