Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Butterfly Birthday

I got a new corner punch and thought I’d do something a little different with it.

I started with Stampin’ Up!’s Pink Pirouette cardstock, punched the corners with the corner punch, which is by EK Success and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I put a little bit of Kiwi Kiss cardstock behind them but cut out what was behind the flowers and put Riding Hood Red behind them. Then I matted it with more Riding Hood Red. I cut the right side of it with a Fiskars rotary cutter. The sentiment stamp is by PSX and is stamped in Riding Hood Red ink. The sentiment and its matting are cut and embossed with Nestabilities Long Ovals. The butterfly was in my 'card parts' box and is stamped with Versamark on vellum, embossed with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder, cut out, and mounted just on the body with Pop Dots scraps. The card base is Whisper White and it opens on the side.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful! I love that butterfly and the script is so elegant.

Vicki said...

Lovely card. And those butterflies on cards add so much beauty. :)

Danni said...

Gorgeous and I {heart} the butterfly! It's simply gorgeous!

bonnie32002 said...

The butterfly is so very pretty! I'm going back to the post to see who makes it!

Jeanette - said...

This is GORGEOUS Lynette!