Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joanne!

This card is for a friend who likes cows and teddy bears, so I’m hoping she might like sheep, too! But then, who could NOT like this little cutie:) (Ah, looking at this picture reminds me of the beautiful weekend we had a couple weeks ago – it was wonderful and I could even take the picture outside! And it WILL be back, I’m sure!)

I made this card for a color swap, too - red, black and white. I started by printing “Happy Birthday to Ewe” in an oval on shimmery red paper. I cut it out with a scalloped oval Nestability. I stamped the sheep – from a set by Sandylion - on white and again on a scrap of white. I cut the image out with an oval Nestability. I cut the head only out of the scrap and mounted it on Pop Dots. Then I used a glue pen and colored the sheep and the head and sprinkled it with Barbara Trombley’s Ultra-fine Crystal glitter. I added “googly” eyes and a bow. The paper is from a Matstack that was the very first one I ever bought! I hand-doodled around the top part of the card. (Actually, the card base was a “card part” I’ve had in my box for quite a while. I started a card a while back and could never get it quite right, so I eventually used up the pieces!)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I think ewe did a very nice job! The googlie eyes are perfect.

I checked to see just how far apart our towns are from each other; not good news. A 5.5 hour drive without stopping. (sigh). No play time for the two of us.

Linda Crowder said...

This is toooo cute! I love everything that is chicks or lambs! Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

*love* this card Lynette. I love how you put the sentiment on the oval scallop around your image. I love that the sheeps head is 3-D and I love that ou added the googly eyes. Awesome card and I know that your friend will love it!

Mary

Karen Hanim said...

This is really cute. I love the way you repeat the ribbon on the lamb.