Friday, March 20, 2009

Three "Stickered" Cards

Three cards to share with you today. The “Ways To Use It” challenge on SplitCoastStampers yesterday was to use stickers. (WT210) I actually have quite a few stickers and I don’t use them very often. Kind of seems like “cheating.” :) So this was like “permission” to use them!

The first one uses a Mary Engelbreit sticker. I mounted it on Rose Red cardstock, then a scalloped white mat. The white mat qualifies this card for Sharon Johnson’s (No Time To Stamp?) challenge, found
here. Then I embossed a frame in the Pink Pirouette card base. All mats and frames are done using Rectangle Nestabilities. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink’s Mixed Messages set and is stamped with Rose Red ink. It seemed to fit perfectly with the sticker sentiment.
The second card uses Cuttlebug folders and stickers from K&Co, and a computer-generated sentiment. I had to hand embossed the dots on the bottom, because I didn’t think of adding them until I had already added the stickers! I used a stylus with the CB folder.
The third card also uses stickers from K&Co. I drew the stems and leaves and added the sentiment from Stampin’ Up!’s All Occasions set.

OK. Now just a couple quick miscellaneous things. Yesterday was an awesome “blog day.” I think I had about 500 views and I went over 20,000 hits. I am blown away by this, and I thank you all VERY much!

And one more thing – something personal to one visitor. I see I have a fairly frequent visitor from Fergus Falls. That is my home town! I was born there and lived there until after I finished ninth grade. So, a special hello to you, whoever you are! (I even had a visitor from Dalton one day. Both of my parents are from there, originally.)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Lynette. I have some pretty stickers from Penny Black (rectangular ones like your first card) that I got as samples and now I know what I can do with them. Love the other two cards, too!

bonnie32002 said...

Love all the cards you made today; my special favorite is the one with the embossed circles! You know; now I'm going to have to get that circle embossing folder, right?

From My Heart said...

I bought those same Mary Englebreit stickers and wondered how to use them Thanks for the great idea. Your idea is soo cute.

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW I LOVE THESE! I love the bit of color with the white! Once again, you are so classy!
hug
deb

Jeanette - said...

These are all beautiful Lynette! I love the scoring work you incorporate into your projects, just beautiful!!!