Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Today’s card is a birthday card for a friend in my Yahoo! group. It was her birthday on Tuesday. She reads my blog every day, but I know she has already received it so I’m safe to show it here! Happy Birthday again, Nancy!

The background on this card was done using the “Negative Effect” technique. This was a challenge on SplitCoastStampers a while back.
Here is a link to that challenge. I brayered Versamark on to my Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug folder – on the top side of it, the side with the writing on. Then I embossed my cardstock with the folder as normal. After it was embossed, I sprinkled it with Star Dust embossing powder and heat embossed it. Voila – white diamonds with a shimmery silver background. (I did a card about a month ago – this one – using the same technique, but putting the Versamark on the opposite side of the folder. I like that, too, but that’s much harder to keep the Versamark only on the raised areas. I had LOTS of embossing powder to try to brush off from where I didn’t want it.) Anyway, that’s about all there is to this card. The embossed panel is mounted on shimmery pink and silver papers, a ribbon added and then a tag added. The two tag layers are cut with a Sizzlits die, stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder, a silver eyelet added and some silver cord to attach it to the ribbon.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful effect! This card is stunning!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I really need to try that technique!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Gorgeous!! Love the effect!!
hugz
deb