Thursday, March 12, 2009

CAS Challenge #5 - Embrace Happiness

Today’s card was done for the Clean and Simple Challenge for the week which was posted on Monday – to used greens and blues.

The stamp I used is from the same Anna Griffin set as the tulip I used a few days ago. I colored the basket of the topiary with a Stampin’ Up! Brocade Blue marker. The grasses, trunk and leaves are colored with Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery markers. Not sure I did it exactly right, but I think I did some 'thumping' on the leaves. I had colored them with Certainly Celery, then 'bounced' my Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke markers on them. I used my Scor-Pal for the background. The image panel is matted with Brocade Blue and mounted on Pop Dots. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set called “Mixed Message.” I stamped it with, and mounted it on, Always Artichoke.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Wow Lynette! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Another amazingn card. Great use of the Scor-Pal.

Valarie (vampme3) said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the scoring and the simplicity!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Lynette! I LOVE what you did with the scoring here!!! It's FABULOUS!

Beth M said...

Love this! This scoring really gives it some nice detail without distracting from the image. Beautiful!