Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Two More Sarah Kay Cards


How about two more Sarah Kay cards? I’m still using the stamp-offs I got from Harriet.

I colored one of the images with SU! markers and one with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. They are both very simple cards, because the focus is on the images. Not too much explanation is necessary! I used Nestabilities to cut them both out, and in both cases, I trimmed part of the shape off. For one I used Long Rectangles, and for the other I used Labels One. I usually start with a larger mat than I will need, and trim small strips off until I get the size mat I want. That leaves me with the thin strips. On the purple card, I used a couple of the strips in place of ribbon. Sometimes I will put a really thin strip on top of a piece of ribbon – I like that effect, too. The sentiments on both cards are from Inkadinkado sets.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Both cards are very pretty and your coloring is lovely! Sarah Kay images are adorable and they look so nice on your clean layout.

Anonymous said...

Love those Sarah Kay cards! You do such a nice job with your coloring. The layout on the first one is neat the way you used just part of the "label" die.

Mary said...

I like what you have done with the nestabilities. Both of your cards are adorable. You always do such lovely work.

Stay warm.

Mary