Friday, February 20, 2009

This One is Different!


No challenge card for today – this one is all mine. :)

Someone in my Yahoo! group mentioned crocheting flowers. Stampin’ Up! has crocheted flowers in the new catalog, and there was a thread about them on SplitCoastStampers. So, I decided to give it a try and crochet my own. Once I had it done, I didn’t know what to do with it! I decided maybe Spirelli would be a good choice. I used a scalloped circle Nestability to cut my piece for the Spirelli and I used variegated crochet thread. Around the flower I stamped a circle of dots (from Papertrey Ink’s Borders and Corners – Circles) with Versamark and embossed it with Emerald Pearl Lustre embossing powder. I attached the flower to the Spirelli with a brad. I cut the Eggplant Envy layer with a Labels One die. I cut the black square and used a corner rounder. Added a bit of ribbon and a sentiment (from Inkadinkado), and it was done!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow -- you are so clever and talented! The crocheting really makes this card distinct -- beautiful job!

Jeanette - said...

Wow - this is really pretty! I love the crocheted flower. Makes me wish I could crochet something other than scarves and afghans (very simple stitches :)

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

LOVE IT!! I have seen this done before and think the effect is awesome! You did a great job! I love your crocheted flower!!
hugz
deb