Saturday, January 31, 2009

Limited Supplies Challenge - CAS

Yesterday’s Limited Supplies Challenge on SplitCoastStampers was to make a Clean and Simple card. Gosh, every card I make fits that challenge!

This is the card I uploaded for the challenge. I used my Stampin’ Up! Sweet Stems set again, since it was still out on my desk. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and smoothed them out with Gamsol. I thought adding a little bit of red would be a nice touch. The Happy Birthday is from a Studio G set from Michaels – I trimmed around the box. The ribbon slider is a Cuttlebug die, and I trimmed off the top and bottom for better proportions for the card. The ribbon is from a dollar spool from JoAnn’s. I used my Scor-Pal to score the grid for the background and for a little added interest to the image, too.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful Lynette! I love the splashes of color :)

Julie said...

Hello Lynette! I apologize for getting so behind in leaving comments! I love this card -- you use your Scor-Pal beautifully! I need to try some of that too!

Barbara said...

I love the texture and simplicity of this card! I have to work hard to go simple, though I love the clean look. You are my inspiration!