Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of my Christian readers. Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish readers. And I wish happiness to everyone else, too!

The shopping is done. The presents are wrapped. The cards all mailed out. The groceries are purchased. (Actually, that stuff was all done a few days ago.) We had our fist “celebration” last night with our next-door neighbors. What’s left now is cooking. Tonight we will go to my sister’s house to gather with my extended family. Tomorrow will be the celebration with my immediate family – our daughter and family will arrive today from Chicago, and our son and daughter-in-law will return from Bismarck tomorrow. Then Saturday we will travel to visit with my husband’s extended family. Lots of fun times.

I am sharing a picture of our this-year’s tree. Looks like every other year! The ornaments are all hand-made or gifts. For 18 years, I made a different type of ornament and dated one of them. I made three to 10 ornaments each year. The nineteenth year, I couldn’t come up with anything new. My daughter didn’t want the tradition to die, and made them that year. That was the last year, though – 1999. There are crocheted, cross-stitched, tatted, hardangar, bargello, needlepoint, beaded, smocked, macramé, glass – probably more, but that’s what I can come up with for now!

Anyway, enough rambling. Happy Holidays to ALL!!!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Lynette! I've been wanting to drop you a line in days to wish you a happy holiday! Boy, did things start moving fast lately...
I had intended to make cards for all of my online friends and never got to it. I'm not too thrilled with myself about that...but nonetheless -- I want to wish you and your family a VERY merry Christmas! I'm so happy to have met you online -- your friendship and encouragement has been such a gift! Thank you for that. :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lynette! Enjoy the next couple of days with all your family!

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas was very merry, Lynette!! What fun to be able to see so much family!

deb said...

Wonderful Tree!! Look at all those gifts!!
Hope your Holidays were wonderful!!
hugz

fishlips said...

Lynette your tree is so so pretty and Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!!