Monday, December 15, 2008

Lovely Tree

My brother is having rotator cuff surgery on Thursday, so I wanted to send a card to let him know I was thinking of him - especially since he lives so far away and there is nothing I can do to help.

This is the card I made for him yesterday. I started with a piece of glossy paper. (You can’t see in the photo, but it really is glossy.) I stamped the tall pine tree from Stampin’ Up!’s Lovely as a Tree with Versamark on the glossy paper, then embossed it with Detail White embossing powder. Then I sponged it with Baja Breeze ink. I matted it with black and Baja Breeze – using an SU! Ticket Corner punch and a black glaze pen for the “faux brads.” The Thinking of You is also from Stampin’ Up! – from Sincere Salutations. I thought the thin strip of black and Baja Breeze added just the “little bit more” I was looking for.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTFUL! Love what u did with that tree...prayers for your brother.

Mary said...

Your card is so beautiful. It is a perfect card for both men and women.

I hope that your brother has a speedy recovery.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I didn't realize you could sponge over the white embossing area and not have it color the white area as well. Love that tree!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card! Just right for the season and it works wonderfully as a masculine card. I love a black and blue combo and it really pops on the white! It sounds like your brother is going to have a little down time with his shoulder. I hope he can enjoy the rest without too much discomfort.

fishlips said...

What a lovely card this is wow so so pretty and elgant looking...

Hope your brother does good because that could be really painfull afterwards for him so I hope he will have a speedy recovery!!!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Just beautiful...great job!

deb said...

OMG I LOVE THIS CARD! It is gorgeous!!!
hugz

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love the white tree with the blue shading! I hope your brother's surgery goes well and that his recovery is quick.