Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 50th, Nancy!

How about a non-Christmas card for today? This is a card I made for a member of our Yahoo! group. She and her husband recently celebrated their 50th Anniversary – congratulations, Nancy!

I started with some shimmery gold paper. I stamped the butterfly from an Inkadinkado set on the gold rectangle, and another one on a small piece. I used Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I used a paper crimper on the rectangle. I cut out the extra butterfly and mounted it with Pop Dot pieces under the body. The corner swirl is cut from black with a Cuttlebug die and adorned with six pearls. I mounted it on black and added some sheer black ribbon. I printed the sentiment on my computer, used my Scor-Pal for some added texture, and mounted the butterfly panel on the card.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

fishlips said...

Happy 50th to Nancy and her husband...now that is a long time... What a totally perfect looking card your butterfly is Fantastic...Oh my I love butterflies!!!!

Catherine said...

WOW! Simply stunning!