Saturday, December 20, 2008

Circular Birthday Wishes

This is another card that just “evolved.” I was reminded by this card (the second one) from Natasha that I had the set Good Things Grow and had hardly ever used it. (So what else is new!) So, I got it out and stamped the dandelion stamp with Palette ink Jardin Moss. Then I stamped the “birthday wishes” with Versafine Onyx Black ink – from Papertrey Ink’s Mixed Messages set. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with it. I thought I remembered seeing a die cut green circle, and I was able to find it in my “card parts” pile. I cut off a section so I could put it on the left edge. I put the square in the middle of the full circle. It needed more – I added the white “faux stitching.” Then I added the flower border towards the bottom with scoring on either side of it. Too lopsided. Aha – I took the part of the circle that I had cut off, trimmed a bit off of that, and added it to the right side, along with the white dashed lines. I’m fairly satisfied with its simplicity.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Your card came out beautiful Lynette. I love that you used circles I think it balanced your card out great! The embossing is such a wonderful touch.

Mary

Anonymous said...

What a cool layout! That embossing really adds to the overall design!

fishlips said...

On my what a neat and fantastic looking layout. love it...just love it!!!!!

Julie said...

What a great card! I'm very impressed that you are managing to make non-Christmas cards at this point! You must have really planned well for the holidays. (I did not!)