Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cardinal Birthday

I got to do some more stamping recently. I’m sure there are more important things for me to be doing – like maybe finishing up the Christmas shopping and cleaning the house for company – but that will keep! I haven’t stamped anything that will teach anyone anything new, just fun, easy cards.

I will upload one today. That will leave me some for later, if I get a chance to blog again. This could be about a five-minute card to reproduce. The cardinal is cut with a Spellbinders die. The die includes this cardinal and a chickadee. I always like the dies when I see them, but I can never figure out what to do with them, exactly. I usually end up liking them best in just white. If I were to color it, I think I would use Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and just add subtle color. The red is embossed with a Paisley Cuttlebug folder. The stamp is from Paper Inspirations, and is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with detail black embossing powder. (I was looking for a link to the die, and I guess it's retired, and I also found out the other bird is not a chickadee, it's a finch. Looks like a chickadee to me!)

Tomorrow my dad is scheduled for his surgery. Please pray for a surgery with no permanent effects from the surgery, and more importantly, that they find no cancer in his lymph nodes. I truly appreciate all of your prayers.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

such a pretty card, Lynette.
Toni and I will be praying for you dad, hope all is well :)