Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Twin" Christmas Cards

After working for a few hours on a card for an alphabet swap, I have nothing to share with you! I did get it the T card done, though, and I’ll post it after Sheri receives it. So, I guess I’ll upload a couple cards I made a few days ago. They use the same stamp, the same stencil, and pretty much the same layout. The stencil is by Dreamweavers. (I purchased it from Vicki B. You can find her blog and a link to her store here.) The stamp is a dollar stamp from Michael’s.

For the white card, I used Papertrey Ink’s Stamper’s Select cardstock and embossed using the stencil and my BIGkick. I sponged Stampin’ Up!’s Mellow Moss around the edges, and used Mellow Moss to stamp the sentiment. For the second card, I used a thinner cardstock and misted it with water before I embossed it. I left it in the stencil until it dried to keep it from curling. While in the stencil, I sponged Versamark over the whole thing, removed the stencil, and heat embossed it with Star Dust embossing powder by Stampendous. I mounted it on a piece of red cardstock. The card base is by Lasting Impressions – also purchased from Vicki B. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it with the Star Dust powder, also, for some extra sparkle. (I wasn't very successful in photograhing the sparkle, but you can see it better if you click on the picture.)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Lynette. I need to start on my Christmas cards. I can't wait to see what you cooked up for my T card.

Julie said...

Hello there! These are beautiful cards! I love that stencil. I also just got the Papertrey Ink white cardstock -- isn't that just the best? I love working with it -- I love to use a lot of layers, and that white holds up so well as a card base. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Lynette! That's a great stencil to use for Christmas/Holiday cards. (And thanks for the link!)

Unknown said...

By far the prettiest Chrismas Card. I love the simplicity of it, and I'm due for a trip to Michaels..ahhh but can the budget stand it.