Monday, November 10, 2008

"Scrappy" Christmas Card

Gosh, I know it hasn’t been that long, but it seems like forever since I got to do any stamping or post something to my blog. I guess we’ve been busy! We just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary yesterday and went away overnight. That was wonderful. But, we’re back now.

So, here is my card for today. It’s pretty much a “scrap card.” We had some friends over Friday night (after the Lutefisk Dinner at our church. Yum, yum. NOT! I wouldn’t touch the stuff, but everyone else at least eats a little bit of it:) ) Anyway, some of our guests wanted to see my “stuff” so I demonstrated the Snowflake folder, the Dotted Swiss folder and some Circle Nestabilities. I had the pieces laying around and I realized they would make kind of a nice card! So, I put them together and this is what I came up with. I sponged around the edges with Garden Green and Real Red. The circle is embossed with the Argyle CB folder. The snowflake is punched with a Marvy Uchida punch.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW, so far behind in my blogging~ Your creations are breathtaking!! I love them all and very classy!
hugz

Anonymous said...

I love your "scrappy" Christmas card Lynette. Only you could make such a beautiful card with scraps!!!

Julie said...

Oh, I almost missed this one -- I LOVE IT!!! I agree with Harriet, that only you could make a beautiful card with scraps. Beautiful job!