Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Casing Leslie Miller

While reading some blogs this morning, I found this card by Leslie Miller that I really liked. I promised I was going to case it soon, and now I have! Twice, in fact.

I started out trying to case it, but change things up just a little. I ended up with this first card. Really not too much similarity with Leslie’s. The border is punched with a new border punch by Martha Stewart that I got at Michael’s. (Gotta love those 50% off coupons!) I embossed the top of the white piece with a Cuttlebug snowflake folder, then scored a couple lines and added some Stickles. The bottom layer is Stampin’ Up! Ruby Red. The trees (with background) is from All-Night Media. I think the set is called Winter Wonderland. I stamped it with Versamark and then I embossed it with – coincidentally – Winter Wonderland embossing powder. I stamped the Merry Christmas with Versamark, also, and embossed with the same powder. I added the white ribbon and adhered it to a white card base.

Then I made myself do one much more like it! I used a Martha Stewart border punch again, embossed the snowflakes, scored lines on either side of the ribbon, which I then added – red grosgrain. I added Stickles to some parts of the snowflakes and also to the embossed line from the punch. I used SU! markers to color the trees, and a Versamarker to color the circles and the snow line – directly on the stamp. Then I used Winter Wonderland embossing powder on it. I stamped the Merry Christmas with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. Then I scored a double line on top and a single line underneath the sentiment, mounted it on Real Red, and then on to the white card base. I wish all the "sparkle" was visible in the pictures, but it doesn't photograph well.

Thanks so much, Leslie, for the inspiration!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, I just love both of these! The changes you made to adapt to your stamps are wonderful. Love that All Night Media stamp, by the way. The extra layer adds a lot, too. These are just great! Thanks for the mention and for letting me know. I loved seeing them!

Julie said...

What beautiful cards, Lynette! I love them both -- so festive and elegant. I'm with you about the Michaels coupons -- I won't even go NEAR the Martha Stewart section without a coupon! She has very nice punches.

Anonymous said...

Two great cards Lynette - my favorite is the first one - I love the color!

mnhyrkas said...

great lift- I love how you just let Leslies card speak to you and how it came out your own in the end. Your new punch looks fun. I just recently picked up the zigzag one but haven't had a chance to use it much yet. I like the stickles on the embossing too!

fishlips said...

What Totally and Amazing cards...(WOW) love what you did with the layers...OUTSTANDING!!!!

deb said...

Gorgeous! And I mean GORGEOUS!! WOW
hugz

Jeanette - said...

I love both of them Lynette!