Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Blog Award - and July

Deb (Itty Bitty Ink Spots) has graced me with another blog award - The "Kreativ Blogger" award. Thanks so much, Deb!

I think I’ll post one small part of a project I’m working on. Every year, I make calen
dars for a few friends and relatives. They are three and a half inches by five inches. So far, I have three months done – only nine more to go! Since I just finished up July today, I thought I’d share it with you.

Edited to add: Silly me! I didn't write anything about how I did this calendar page. Here is a little information: I used a Lasting Impressions brass stencil for all of the embossing. The hat is embossed and cut out of white and the stars and dots are colored with a marker and the edges are sponged with ink. The hat band is embossed and cut out of shimmery red and the stripes colored with a white gel pen. The hat is mounted on paper from a Summer Collection by Die Cuts With A View. The firecracker is embossed with the same stencil and sponged a bit with red ink. I hope that helps. The calendars are printed from a file that I did in an Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute July! Can't wait to see the resst of the months!

Anonymous said...

thats a really cute idea, I have made big calenders for family members but these smaller ones would be great for teachers gift, Doubt I would have time this year, but maybe next. thanks for sharing.