Thursday, October 9, 2008

Roses and a Card

Here’s a card for today. Not a terribly unique card, but it does have a unique element, I believe.

I started with a pink card base. I added a strip of PaperTrey Ink’s Berry Sorbet ribbon about a fourth of the way up from the bottom. The next layer is some fairly thin acetate with flowers and swirls printed on it in white. And where did this layer come from? It was the packaging on some roses I got last week from my husband! (The roses are beautiful, and I may as well add a picture of them, too.) I used the Happy Birthday stamp from Stampin’ Up!’s Favorite Greetings and stamped it with Positively Pink, cut it out with a Marvy Uchida scalloped square punch, sponged the edges, added a couple self-sticking pearls and mounted it with Pop Dots.

That’s it. Not much to it, but it was nice to spend a little time in my stamping area. I hope to get a little more stamping in tomorrow, because Saturday I’m leaving for Chicago for an extended visit with our new grandson, daughter and son-in-law and I’m not bringing any of my stamping stuff with me. I AM bringing my laptop, however, and if I get bored (fat chance!) I might update my blog with some cards that are in my Slide Show but haven’t been “featured” on my blog.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

How sweet of your DH to get you roses! Was is a special occasion?
What a great "green" card by reusing the clear layer on this card.
Have a great time visiting your family-look forward to seeing some of your other card art on the blog.
By the way, thanks for commenting on my blog :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great idea to recycle the acetate. Very pretty card!

deb said...

WOW another awesome card!! Very imaginative!!! I think its gorgeous!!!
Have fun in Chicago! Like I needed to say that!! How exciting for you to get to hold Andrew!!
Have a wonderful time with him!!
big hugz

Julie said...

Beautiful roses -- how nice of your DH! I love that "happy birthday" stamp -- it's got a particularly nice font! Have a great trip!

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card Lynette and I love that you recycled to make it :) Very sweet of your DH too - beautiful flowers!