Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm Home - and I Stamped!

I stamped!!!

I got home from Chicago Wednesday night about 10:45. I was pretty tired after my train ride and being gone for close to two weeks. Yesterday I played a little catch up with laundry, mail and a little shopping. (Had to use that 50% off coupon from JoAnn’s! LOL!) Today I did a little more shopping (had two more 50% off coupons to use – got two new Martha Stewart border punches.) But this afternoon, I finally visited my stamping room.

The card I made is totally simple, but it sure felt good to create something again. The border along the bottom is made with one of my new punches – called “Arch Lattice.” I added a little bit of thin pink rick-rack to it that I found in my sewing supplies – and that now resides in my stamping area. I also used my new Stampin’ Up! set “Pocket Silhouettes.” I stamped the flowers with Pretty in Pink, then the “thanks so much” in Versafine Black Onyx. I sponged a little Pretty in Pink along the top and sides of the punched piece, and also the sides and top of the stamped piece. Then I put that all on a piece of pink cardstock embossed with the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder. Voila!

I’ll also add the last picture that I took of Andrew before I left Chicago. He changed so much while I was there. But then, I WAS there for over half of his life to that point. (He was one day shy of three weeks in this picture.)
Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hello Lynette -- how nice that you're back home! I bet you miss your grandson already, though -- he is truly adorable! This card, as always, is just lovely!

And here's my big news -- I'm working on my own blog! I'm pulling it together now, but somehow feel reluctant to post the first entry. I just have to dive in, I guess!

I'll pass the address to you now, although there's really nothing there but a banner at the moment...

http://starsfallcreations.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home and stamping a little bit anyway. Love your card and that new punch! I can see the changes in Andrew even from the pictures I've seen since he was born! What a sweetie pie!

mnhyrkas said...

Great way to step back into the swing of things Lynette! Welcome home

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynette! He is beautiful. Wow!
I'm glad your home safe & sound. When you going back? lol.
Oh, your card is great too!
(did you pinch his little cheek for me?);o)
Take care!
Terri

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby boy! and also a great card! I love the simplicity of it - it's so elegant.
vicki doyle

Debbie said...

Love the card, and those border punches are just wonderful!!
But I would have to take Andrew over it all! What a sweet little boy he is. I bet you kissed those cheeks a LOT! Glad your home and had a great time.
hugz