Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mojo Monday Sketch - on Saturday!

Well, I got a little chance to play with my new Stampin’ Up! cardstock and inks. I had printed out Julee Tilman’s Mojo Monday Sketch earlier in the week, so that’s what I choose to use today.

The patterned paper is from a Die Cuts With a View Summer Matstack. The rest of the cardstock (except the textured paper that the sentiment is stamped on) is Stampin’ Up!’s In Colors for this next year. I used Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point. Pretty colors! And they matched my paper from DCWV perfectly.

I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss layers. I use three Marvy punches for the sentiment layers. Nestabilities are so awesome, but I still use my punches when I can – they are quicker! The dots on the Kiwi Kiss layer are from PaperTrey Ink’s set Borders and Corners – Circles and are stamped with Pacific Point. I used Pacific Point to sponge the edges of the Kiwi Kiss circle, and also the Riding Hood Red scalloped circle layer. The Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped with Riding Hood Red and I also sponged some around the edge.

I didn’t have ribbon to match, so I sponged white satin ribbon with Pacific Point. I’m hoping it dries! LOL! I think it will – I’m just kind of impatient sometimes.

There you have it! Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Very nice! I would've never known the ribbon was sponged. Did it dry? ;)

Anonymous said...

I really like those new in colors! Great idea to use the ink on the white ribbon!

Dawn said...

I love this card. The colors are amazing!!! I thought the ribbon was just a perfect match then I read you sponged it...What??? Wow!!! Awesome!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great colors. What a fun card.